Hubby is on meatless diet lately .. for health sake i believe.. so I had a hard time thinking of what new dishes i can cook...
This is quite a successful bake .. just tat i think dough is a bit too much for one pizza ..
I used Bobby Flay's Pizza Dough recipe from foodnetwork.com for the pizza crust .. its fast and ez dough to do ...
I started working on the dough @ 6.20pm and i managed to get the pizza cooked by 7.30pm .. not a bad timing for after work dinner at home ...
- recipe by Bobby Flay from http://www.foodnetwork.com
This recipe i think can make up to 3 crust dough .. i half it this time and feels that is still too thick .. so i will 1/3 the recipe next time ^_^
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling
(Chef's Note: Using bread flour will give you a much crisper crust. If you can't find bread flour, you can substitute it with all-purpose flour which will give you a chewier crust.)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 envelope instant dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups room temp. water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- basic recipe comes from Allie's Mushroom Pizza from allrecipes.com. However, had added garlic to my oil rub and this has a fantastic outcome! My hubby finished all the pizza coz of this nice garlic-ky taste!
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 5 cloves of garlic (crushed / minced)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushroom
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Flatten pizza dough by hand to fit the baking sheet
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, sesame oil and crushed garlic. Mix well and press garlic as much as possible to get that garlic "oil".
- Brush oil mix onto pizza crust. Pls ensure you get every corner of the crust.
- Spread the spinach leaves onto the crust.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover top with fresh mushrooms and finally with more cheese.
- Bake for 10-12mins or until cheese is melted and edges are crisp.
Over load with Toppings ..