Attended RG's class on 4th Jul and he taught to make Quiche .. I dont know whats so great about Quiche .. I didnt really liked it when I had them in Aussie last time...
But RG's quiche recipe is ez to follow and also, maybe he had tweeted his recipe from the original, it is more to our Asian taste.. I hooted the whole piece given during class right after it was out of oven .. so good eaten hot also .. hehehe ..
My neibies are also crazy over quiche .. so i decided to make one for our drinking / supper session on 6th itself .. ^_^ ..
I made a half recipe from RG's original qty and made a 8" shallow pie... we all enjoyed ourselves with our smaller piece of quiche. .
Some things should be taken in smaller qty to enjoy the best of it ..
Recipe as follows:-
For an 8" shallow pie dish
50g semi hard butter
100g plain flour
1/5tbsp cold water
1. Place Butter, plain flour and salt in mixer bowl and mix with K beater slowly.
2. add water and increase speed and beat till form a dough.
3. turn out dough and hand knead for a few times ( do not over knead) and cover with cling wrap.
4. Fridge it for 30mins.
5. Pre heat over to 180degC
6. Grease the bottom and side of your pie dish.
7. Roll out dough and put over ur dish.
8. Egg wash,
9. Place a piece of parchement paper and weight down with pie weight or beans
10. Half bake the pie crust for 15mins.
200g Diary Whipping Cream
3 egg yolks
60g Eden Cheese (grated)
Button Mushrooms (chopped / cube)
Hotdog (chopped / cube)
1/2 onion (chopped)
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Fry chopped onion till cook.
2. Throw in hotdog and mushroom and lightly fried for a while.
3. scatter over the pie crust and cover with Edem cheese.
4. Whisk dairy whip cream, egg yolk together and spoon over pie.
5. Bake for 25mins on LOWER RACK.
6. Shift pie to UPPER RACK and bake for another 5mins to brown the top.
Try this .. i really like it .. didnt feel gelat like those i tried in Aussie .. maybe its the cheese...