Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bakes for Christmas 2014 #1 - Boozie Fruit Cakes - Adults ONLY ...

Sorry for not been posting updates lately... Its the HOLIDAYS man .. needed some therapy ... BAKING!! ... Recently did a few bakes which I am really very happy with.

First Up... XMAS!

Had done some Boozie Fruit Cakes as gifts (definately for Adults only) ... Did two version actually .. coz I had 1kg worth of fruits to use .. Used the whole bottle of Myer Rum for this ..


Took 1 week of soaking b4 I did my first batch of trial bakes ...


Very BOOZIE indeed .. I was worried too boozie so I didnt add additional Rum during baking. However, as per my office colleagues who tried this batch, they commented its too much .. er .. but who will hiam too much booze?!?! Anyway, my colleagues dont really keen on this cake. So i decided not to bake any more of this cake for them .. HAHAHA ... only a few who knows to appreciate bah..

Ultimately, I baked the 2nd batch with EXTRA booze added into the batter .. hahaha who cares when u get drank on Chirstmas day! Ho ho ho ...

I adapted the recipe from my baking teacher Mr Richard Goh's Stage 3 - Rich Fruit Cake. Its basically Buttercake recipe with Fruits (soaked in Booze) ...

This is not a kid friendly recipe .. so I am not going to upload here .. hehehe ...

No comments:

Post a Comment